I am Robert Cameron Weir (you can call me “Rob”), a professional genealogist in Dover, New Hampshire. I am a 12th generation New Englander with 16 years’ experience in genealogical research. I have a certificate in Genealogical Research from Boston University’s Center for Professional Education and am a member of the Association for Professional Genealogists. I am also a 1991 graduate of Harvard College.
Yourigins, part of Remembered Past LLC, is my genealogy business.
I love using my knowledge, expertise and creativity to help people find out more about their origins. Many of my clients have traced back their family tree a few generations and then got stuck. Some have heard stories in their family, that they may be related to a Mayflower passenger or a Revolutionary War soldier, but do not know how to find out whether or not this is true. And some have had empty branches lower down in their family tree, perhaps with an unknown parent or grandparent, and look for help using the modern tools of DNA testing to solve that mystery.
My primary research focus is on New England, from 1620 to the present. This is a particularly exciting area to study, since so many Americans can trace their ancestors back to either Colonial New England or to later immigrants who started off in New England. Whether researching 17th century Puritan settlers or 20th century immigrants, or anything in between, I have the experience and expertise.
I maintain memberships in a variety of relevant societies and associations in order to stay abreast of the latest tools and techniques in genealogy, to stay current with the latest findings in my areas of focus, and to gain access to specialized databases and libraries:
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- New England Chapter (former Vice President)
- Virtual Chapter (Video Production Coordinator)
- Writers SIG (Program Committee)
- Genealogical Speakers Guild
- National Genealogical Society
- New England Historic Genealogical Society
- New Hampshire Society of Genealogists (Chairman, Publications Committee)
- New Hampshire Historical Society
- Genealogical Society of Vermont
- Maine Genealogical Society
- Connecticut Society of Genealogists
- Rhode Island Genealogical Society
- American-Canadian Genealogical Society
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Society
- Guild of One Name Studies
- International Society for British Genealogy and Family History